This month...I have actually written! I know, shocking, isn't it? I started doing Inkygirl's 1,000 word a day challenge on May 27 because I was tired of not writing anything at all. Judging from my experiences with NaNoWriMo, I should have guessed that it would go very, very well. I mean, I'm not hitting every day, but 27/35 days is pretty good, especially considering I had travel and work lost when my computer unexpectedly restarted in there.
I find that the more experience I have writing, the more I tend to rewrite, especially when I'm working on longer things. "Saucy Reboot" is currently on schedule to use 3,743 words out of the 17,893 I've written because I keep rewriting it to deal with plot and characterization issues. I still don't have much of a plot on this one.
Fics I have worked on:
- Everything, at least a little. Sometimes I can't decide what to work on.
- Greatest Glory, almost pure Buffy, Saucy, 11,908 words (complete). This is technically the prologue/prequel to all of the Saucyverse fics. After Marcie Ross unexpectedly appeared in it, it grew to 12k words and I actually finished it. I think this is the first time I've had dialogue that's really worked and felt easy to write. Now I need to rewrite, and find a beta reader. Which, by the way, I have no idea how to do.
- "Saucy Reboot", Buffy, Saucy, 3743/17893 words (WIP). Lots and lots of rewriting with this one, still no real plot even if the premise is strong and I have a few ideas for what I want to happen and my very first subplot.
- Miscellaneous Saucy side-fics, Saucy, (WIP). This verse keeps surprising me, and the more I write in it the more I want to write about Saucy itself, even though it's very peripheral to the main stories. It's very odd.
- Vocation, Mulan, Dinosaur, 249 words (complete). A oneshot leading into Mulan's role in the Dinosaur'verse. Meaning, of course, that it's before her First Death, so it's only part of the verse because I say it is. Once it's been a few days I'll see if it needs editing. Of course, I'm not putting any of this 'verse up anywhere other than my Blogger until I have more of the main stories in it, which is kind of aggravating me.
- Becoming Eliot Spencer, Buffy/Leverage, [untitled verse], 581 words (complete). Xander becomes Eliot Spencer. There will (hopefully) be another fic in this verse, of when Leverage canon starts. And maybe a third, when his past comes to the fore, but that's more doubtful. I have no idea where this came from.